The U.S. Coalition for TPP is a broad-based group of U.S. companies and associations representing the principal sectors of the U.S. economy including agriculture, manufacturing, merchandising, processing, publishing, retailing, technology, transportation and services. Coalition members support and are working to secure approval of the TPP agreement in the United States.
Benefits of TPP
As the first truly “21st Century” trade agreement, the TPP will:
- Eliminate over time 18,000 tariffs among the 12 countries, including thousands applied to US agricultural, industrial, medical and technology products.
- Eliminate or reduce many non-tariff barriers to US exports of agricultural, industrial, technology and services.
- Simplify and streamline customs rules to facilitate entry of goods.
- Provide new protections for US innovators through stronger protection of copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets.
- Establish new rules in critical areas such as E-Commerce and competition with State-Owned Enterprises.
For more information on the U.S. Coalition for TPP, please contact TPPCoalition@USChamber.com.
For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.